Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day 175: Living by the Principle of Self-Honesty Part 1

In this blog I will be continuing with the 'Principled Living' Series. Here are the previous blogs in this series:



Next Principle:


Living by the principle of self honesty – to ensure I am pure in thought, word and deed: that my within and without is equal and one. Who I am within is who I am without and vice-versa


Ok, so in the previous blogs I have discussed why I live and apply these principles - in which I realize myself one and equal to the rest of the world and thus realize the inter-connectedness between myself and what happens in my 'outer reality'.

The next question is how or what do I utilise to make sure that my thoughts, words and deeds are purified - that who I am is living and applying and thinking according to 'what is best' for all, which would imply that what I allow inside of me must be a representation of what I have realised is the best for all people to be living and thus what we live and speak as humanity. I use self honesty to asses myself, my words, my actions and my thoughts.

For example - throughout my day, I observe myself. In conversations I observe during and after that which I said and I use self honesty to assess where what I said came from. So for example self honesty will allow me to see that for example I spoke from fear or to try and impress someone. If I was not using self honesty in that moment, based on my previous principles of living to my utmost potential and living by the principle of what is best for all - then I would have assessed that my words were fine, because I would have used my mind and its defense, self protection mechanisms, to justify why I said what I said.

Therefor if one makes a decision to live, speak and do what is best for all, then one makes the decision to utilise and live self honesty as ones 'companion' you could say, which always sets the mark so to speak of one getting to know thyself in every moment so that from there, one is able to self forgive (discuss in another blog) and take responsibility for (in another blog) what I had actually done, and change what I did through the application of the tools of self honesty and self correction.




Therefore, using self honesty allows oneself to set yourself back to zero so to speak where you give yourself the opportunity to see ones mis-takes, to align them to how you see you would like to speak/live/act, and this allows one next time to speak/live the correction. For example sticking to 'I spoke and then realized I did so out of fear'. Once I use self honesty to initially see that this was my starting point, then I either use writings (will explore more later) to open up the design of how I got to 'speaking out of fear' and all of its various dimensions - which if un-cleared/undirected will keep the point existent in the mind, which will simply mutate itself into new patterns/behaviours. Therefore self honesty does not merely stop at the point where one goes 'oh I spoke there out of fear' - it allows one as I mentioned to look deeper into all the 'puzzle pieces' so to speak of this one design. For example 'speaking out of fear' - if I use writing or immediate investigation within myself (method 2) I will find the design aspects such as childhood memories/experiences, emotions, people involved, reasons, excuses, justifications, wants, desires etc…

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis