Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 4: South African Crime Research - Xenophobia and Hate Crimes


HATE CRIMES: According to the Criminology and Security Sciences Study Guide (2012:166), from the University of South Africa hate crimes are referred to as “when individuals become victims of crime on the basis of their race, ethnicity, religion, political convictions and gender or sexual orientation.

The underlying criminal offenses that are labeled in hate crimes include, but are not limited to crimes against the person such as harassment, terroristic threats, assault and crimes against property like criminal trespass, criminal mischief and arson.  The internet has been identified as a new medium through which hate groups and individuals transfer their views (Hill 2008).

XENOPHOBIA: according to the Oxford English dictionary (2012) xenophobia is the intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries.

A list of Recommendations by various authors in the field of Victimology and Criminology for the prevention of future Xenophobic attacks (in South Africa):

  1.     Provision for basic needs such as water (Hadland 2008).
  2.     Community forums already in existence need to be expanded on and educated about how to facilitate communication (Hadland 2008)
  3.    Housing policy needs to be revisited. (Hadland 2008)
  4.      Service delivery issues need to be revisited (Hadland 2008).
  5.       Migration policies need to be revisited as South Africans need to be educated on migration issues (Hadland 2008).
  6.       A process needs to be implemented whereby people are integrated, so that they can become part of the community (Hadland 2008).
  7.       The government should take responsibility – the failure of the governments to process people from other countries was a short term catalyst for the recent violence (Camerer 2008).
  8.       Police, governments and ‘civil society’  had done and affective job in ending violence and assisting victims, however now short, medium and long term strategies were required to deal with the problem. (Camerer 2008).
  9.     Parliament had to provide leadership, asses the entire legislative framework governing foreign nationals and address corruption in the department of home affairs. (Camerer 2008).
  10.    Parliament should also look at police capacity to deal with such outbreaks of violence and closely monitor both the reintegration process and the prosecution in special courts of those arrested during violence (Camerer 2008).
  11.   Care should be taken around allowing six million people from other countries to compete with South Africa for resources (Peter Mulder 2008).
  12.    Steps should be taken to remove expressions that can be used on derogatory ways (2008).

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself as humanity to victimize and abuse people based on them being of a different race, culture or religion.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the design of religion and race , through which I firstly separate myself into a separate mind personality and beingness, which is separate from who I really am as the physical – thus opening the door to abusing myself and others in this world.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to abuse others in the name of race and culture, simply because abuse exists within me as the true nature of myself.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the existence of race and culture, instead of living practically here with all humans, as equals, created equally from and as the physical, but instead being driven through ego and self-interest to compete with others humans.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself as humanity to split people into races, countries and cultures, instead of realizing the time that we waste on such activities, where we could all be living equally and expressing ourselves.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to abuse myself and others through this competition as ‘different countries and races’  instead of standing up for life in all ways, to find practical, common sensical ways of living what is best for all – to remove anger, abuse and competition until it no longer exist as part of ‘human nature’.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing justifications such as ‘but god made us different’ to exist within me through which I continue to allow myself as the next generation to fuel the abuse that exist in the name of cultures and religions.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing any excuses such as ‘god; to exist within me, through which at any point I allow me as the abusive nature I have become to abuse others.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself when growing up, to accept the belief my parents taught me that people of other religions and cultures and races are different and bad, simply because they follow different ways of living and have different skin pigmentations.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing any form of abuse that existed in my past and in my present and in the future, simply because I watched as people abuse each other, without speaking up and changing myself to not allow any such abusive tendencies to exist within me.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to place the responsibility and control of the planets resources in the hands of governments, simply because I abdicated full self-responsibility as myself as a human for the effective, equal and one distribution of resources to all life on this planet.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing governments to exist because I have placed self direction and self responsibility in their hands.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing governments as the externalization of who I have become within, to abuse life and those who live on this planet, by controlling resources and giving resources only to those who have money.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing governments to exist.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing governments to deceive me, because I have allowed myself to deceive myself and others, therefore what exists as corrupt governments exists because I made the decision to allow greed and corruption.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to grow up believing that I have to deceive others to control my life and to survive above others.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the lie that exists within the current world systems called ‘communication’ which is basically survival based words spoken by people with money to people without money to further control them within their role within the current system.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing communication to exist around keeping people satisfied with the current world system and the lives they live within it, instead of getting to the core of what is required for us to live what is best for all.

I forgive myself for having accepted and allowed any form of false communication where in my mind I knew I was deceiving people to have a desired outcome.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing ‘processes of integration’ whereby I am basically saying that humans who have the birth right to live on this planet and have their basic needs met as our birth right have to go through processes to fit into communities, because communities cannot simply accept people as one and equal as life.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing processes to make it easier for myself to accept others.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing failure within governments as an ongoing thing in our world, instead of standing for effective management of what is here .

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the concept of short, middle and long term plans – which is deception – because we should be directing everything here already as what is best for all – and not have to pretend to care for life by forcing governments and ourselves to implement short, middle and long term solutions.

I forgive myself for not stopping the real reasons within myself why I as a human allow violence to exist within me, which is why violence exists within humanity and the world.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to exist in moments of violence and thoughts of violence, not realizing that I am the cause of the problem which I now expect the government to fix, while all the government is concerned about is protecting wealth and power.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing wealth and power to exist as my driving force in life, causing me to not find sustainable best for all solutions for all but to pretend to bring the end to violence while I know that I am not directing the real cause of the problem.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the lie which is psychology to exist, which tells humanity that we will never find the real reason why humanity allows self-deception, but that we can simply try and solve it by seeing psychologists, while in the world violence and abuse continues.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not clearly directly see how the mind of each human works and the direct cause of the problems humanity face – by simply observing myself and others in my world.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the deliberate decision to not see what is really going on, because I know that money is behind how the world functions and I am so afraid of being poor that I will not question the current world systems.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the existence of policing as a pretense to dealing with the symptoms of a problem which I know I have caused through what I have accepted and allowed as human nature, which I have lived as the nature of myself as that which exists in my mind as backchat, thoughts, feelings, emotions, words and deeds.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing statements such as ‘care should be taken around allowing six million people from other countries to compete with South Africa for resources’ – through which I am tacitly and directly saying that I want to control all resources of ‘my country’ so that I can have money and live a comfortably life, not sharing with the other inhabitants of this planet.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing greed to be my directive principle in which I will allow billions of beings to starve and live in horrendous conditions while I have my country protect me from other people.

For more self-forgiveness on borders, countries, nations 

I commit myself to honor all life on this planet, as my equals, regardless of color, nationality, category in society.

I commit myself to stopping all forms of separation within how I live and communicate with others to stop such abusive concepts such as nationality, race, gender – which is used in the current system simply to control money as people.

I commit myself that when I am in a position to provide for and manage resources for all, to do so from and as the principle of what is best for all.

I commit myself to direct myself in equality – to stop any practices of inequality within myself, from which the current world systems of abuse was designed.

I commit myself within my capacity here on this earth to find solutions for the world problems to end the  abuse that exists.

I commit myself to stand for life and to stand as the principle to bring about a world that is best for all

I commit myself to stop deception, war and abuse within myself.
I commit myself to stop the deception of borders and nationality which exist to separate and control in the name of greed.

I commit myself to bring about a world that is free from survival and self-interest, to a world where all are taken care of equally as the birth right of ourselves as life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis